I had a pretty good score today (41+42=83), but I keep duffing my chips pretty badly. Could have easily shaved off 3-4 shots and broken 80 with little effort.
In order to break this habit I'm going to have to concentrate better on the following simple seven step procedure.
- Address the ball with both of my feet together with the ball located in the exact center.
- Separate my feet to shoulder width keeping the ball centered.
- Take several practice swings letting the turn of my body sway my passive hands back and forth like a pendulum.
- While taking these practice swings, visualize the ball trajectory rising into the air and listen to the ball land softly on the green close to the pin.
- Repeat these practice swings until two in a row feel just right.
- Step up to the ball, waggle and then just hit the bugger at the hole.
- Watch the ball trajectory rise into the air and hear the ball land softly on the green close to the pin.
For effectiveness this should not take longer than twenty to thirty seconds between the moment I take my stance to the moment of ball impact.