After struggling awhile with the installation of Komodo on my FreeBSD 6.2 system, I *finally* was successful in getting it up-and-running. Therefore I would like to share my experiences in the hopes that in the future it may be helpful for some other fellow FreeBSD-er.
- Download the linux libcpp5 tarball.
- Unpack and cd into extracted dirtectory.
- As root run ./install.sh
- Choose install directory: /usr/compat/linux/opt/Komodo-IDE-4.0
- As root cd /usr/compat/linux/opt/Komodo-IDE-4.0
- For the bin, share and lib directories do the following:
- chmod -R +x dirname
- chmod -R -s dirname
- chmod -R -t dirname
- chmod -R +r dirname
- Download the license and install on Windows or Linux (not FreeBSD)
- Copy ~/.ActiveState/ActiveState.lic and place in ~/.ActiveState directory
- Komodo can now be started as: /usr/compat/linux/opt/Komodo-IDE-4.0/bin/komodo
You can now create a quick launcher by using one of the images found in: /usr/compat/linux/opt/Komodo-IDE-4.0/share/icons/
I hope that this may be helpful to someone someday. I sure would have liked to know this in advance as it would have saved me a day of sweating and hair-pulling.