Being more positive about life really isn't that difficult, and with a little bit of effort, one can greatly increase the quality of life.
The impact is pretty powerful, meaning that the more you do it, the more it becomes a part of you. You actually do feel happier.
After having had to stand the whole hour in the crowded train to my work and feeling angry about life, I was pleased to discover this article which describes the following simple five steps:
- Come up with a positive response to every situation you meet.
- Look for the good in other people. Rather than seeking to identify the negative traits in the people around you that you interact with, look for the positive ones.
- Act happy, even if it's a painted dayglow smile. You don't have to be happy - often, that's an impossibly tall order. Instead, just act happy.
- Drop the sarcasm. Sarcasm can be a lot of fun, but in the end, it's just negativity wrapped up and packaged as a joke.
- Get plenty of rest and eat a good diet. This along with exercise is one sure way to naturally elevate your mood.
Reference: Benefits of a positive attitude.