For the third time now in less than a year, I am rereading that fantastic Perl Template Toolkit book.
Not only is this a great read and each time around I discover new and interesting tidbits I had missed before, the framework allow a robust plugin design allowing one easily to extend the tool in advanced ways.
Here it is in a nutshell
- Define the framework from the requirements
- Place the front-end on top of this
- Implement the processing between elements
- Define the underlying interface to drive these processes
- Snap in the various plugins to achieve this
- Test it all based on the original requirements
For more information about this great tool, you might want to check out the official template toolkit website.