Here are the main reasons why I will probably skip my 25th Stanford reunion and go to America two weeks later:
- All the cheaper flights for that period are already booked.
- The reunion would cost me a whopping $400, believe it or not.
- Only about three people I would like to see are on the attendees list.
- The reunion events are boring, overly intellectual and snobby.
- I would gain two days extra to spend with my family and friends.
- I would not miss Maarten's 10th birthday (most important reason).
All in all pretty darn good reasons I believe.