So there could be a number of reasons why I am running so lousy lately. Mostly that fun and relaxing two week vacation in Crete has a lot to do with it, but that has been awhile ago. Compared with my time before the vacation and the time I ran today there is a difference of nearly two minutes. How is that possible?
Here are a number of reasons why I think that this is so:
- I have to carry 3 kgs. extra fat (see my belly).
- Another heat wave has just started.
- That fun and relaxing vacation mood distracts me.
- I need to be more stressed from work.
- My legs muscles have atrophied slightly.
- Shins splints is acting up again.
- I am too occupied thinking about all of the above.
With time and lot of patience (and eating a little less and getting a little more stressed) I will be back up there soon before I realize it.