I am totally against the upcoming war with Iraq because of the following reasons:
- So far the United States has not come up with an iota of evidence proving beyond a doubt that Saddam has any so-called weapons of mass destruction. This despite the fact that they have loudly proclaimed for months on end that they will show the world what this evidence is some day. Diplomacy must first be given the chance to resolve international conflicts via all possible avenues of dialog. The United Nations was well along the way and was not given a chance to complete its task. Many believe that this conflict could have been resolved peacefully within a few months as the international pressure on Saddam increased.
- War might topple the Iraqi government but who says that a puppet supported by the United States to replace Saddam will do any better? The political vacuum could be devastating for world peace.
- There are enough terrible dictators around the world who violently oppress their own people, so why pick on Iraq? The main reason must be the oil, in order further to satiate the greedy thirst of a wasteful American lifestyle (10% of the world population using 90% of the world's resources).
- Isn't it obvious that everyone else in the world is against war, so why breach this confidence and risk being isolated from international affairs for years to come?
- President Bush is a complete idiot out of control, nothing less than a raging maniac out to prove something most of us do not come close to understanding.
- War of any kind is senseless and in the end causes more harm than good. Thousands of innocent lives will be snuffed out by the senselessness of war.
- There is a risk that extremist Muslim factions will use the war as an excuse to use terrorism to kill yet even more innocent victims.
- Years and years of time and energy building up the United Nations as a feasible and respected organization threaten to go up in smoke because of the uncontrolled antics of Bush.